How To Donate to Commons Stack - Iteration 0
Powered by Giveth
Any successful applicant to the Trusted Seed of Commons Stack that makes a donation of 100 DAI or above to Iteration 0 will receive a CSTK Score increase towards their Trusted Seed Membership. Fill out our membership application** if you haven’t already - successful applicants will get an email from us in 1-2 weeks.** And if you already had, you may activate your membership now!
The process for Giveth is relatively simple, first we invite you to send DAI to the Giveth Campaign, then to make a profile on the platform.
- 2.Get the DAI you want to contribute: if it’s over 5000 Dai we recommend centralized exchanges like Coinbase and HitBTC or DEXs like https://1inch.exchange/, kyberswap.com and if under 5000 DAI we recommend uniswap.exchange. You can also use Uniswap for multiple sub 5000 DAI exchanges, just wait 2 minutes after each exchange.
- 4.Click the Green “Donate” button to get a donation pop up window, and make it look like the picture below (but with the amount you want to contribute) and then click Donate!
- 5.Another pop up will come up, click “Let’s Do It” and then you will have to confirm 2 txs, one tx to unlock (approve) the Dai and one tx to execute the withdraw (it will say it is a 0 ETH tx)…. 1. If you are using a normal browser with metamask, sometimes the pop up doesn’t pop… click that cute little fox with a 1 next to its face to get it to show 2. PLEASE BE PATIENT… the ethereum network can be slow… leave the browser window up and on this tab, walk away from your computer if you have to.
Assuming you have Metamask…
- 1.Change your network to Rinkeby - In Metamask its the drop down at the top:
- 3.You may get a pop up that says “Insufficient Balance”. Be patient, the Giveth DApp will send you the Rinkeby ETH you need. If you wait a few minutes & refresh the page, it will work.
- 4.Put in your name, and optionally your email and a profile picture.
- 5.Click “Save profile” and confirm the tx.