Welcome to Commons Stack
We build commons tech, changing tragedy into festival by realigning incentives. Below, you can find the reference implementation based on token engineering commons. This reference model keeps evolving as it is tested and fleshed out by the TEC - to find the latest on this, please explore the TEC's website.
Funding of a public good (TE research as an example). Open Source TE research creates uncaptured value. This is a common issue in the open source world, known as the Free-rider Problem.
- Because of this, the rigorous design and validation of proposed cryptoeconomic models is happening in different silos and common procedures are not yet clear nor easily shared. There is no incentive to share the tools.
- The R&D going into building these tools is a long, complex and expensive process, and creating the documentation and educational resources required to spread their use is an additional expense with little reward.
- Coordinating the many organizations that are doing this research is difficult but necessary so that they can build off of each other’s ideas and establish standards and best practices.
- There are many projects working to ameliorate the issues surrounding open source development, and we think this framework can aid cross project collaboration. Among a few are SourceCred, Radicle, and many others.
Take a moment to reflect on the problems of centralized governance.
Implementing the "Commons Stack" system that consist of:
- Incentive alignment
- Permissionless structure
- Full transparency
In this phase we collect the initial funds that will help developing further phases. Also to create the core of community who'll stake funds and will be ambassadors for the future community expansion.
This is the moment fund and apps go live.
In this phase we announce, educate and onboard people, effectively creating the commons.
On this phase architect analyze and update the model to fit the specific conditions in commons.
When fund works and is stable it's left for the community to be governed, providing ongoing funding to the projects.
Effective fund governance and value capture:
- $x allocated to the community curated researches.
- Research selection via voting is not worse then in centralized model, economy on management is achieved.